Wednesday 4 September 2013

LULLABIES: Check out our latest interview with the brilliant Jane James!

 
PART 1 - THE 'INTERVIEW'
 
1 - What was your first musical memory and what pushed you towards perusing a career in the record industry?
 
"My first musical memory would probably be singing into my granddad's microphone and speakers when I was very young! What pushed me was the feeling of being on stage and having more confidence than I would when I'm off stage as I can be quite reserved and quiet, I tend not to hold back on stage and the real me comes out."
 
2 - Had you been involved with any other bands prior to becoming a solo artist as Jane James?
 
"Yes, I played bass for a solo artist called Becca Lancina."
 
3 - Why did you choose to become a solo artist instead of forming a band?
 
"I tend to write music better when I'm on my own, I tend to hold back a lot when I'm with other people, when I'm on my own I can fully express myself without worrying about what a band member thinks about it."
 
4 - How would you describe the sound of Jane James?
 
"I personally would describe the sound as melancholic, soulful and occasionally smooth."
 
5 - Who would be your dream collaboration?
 
"I would love to do a song with either Laura Mvula or Morrissey."
 
6 - Any new songs in the pipeline?
 
"I'm currently in the process of writing one, should be done in the next week or so!"
 
7 - When can fans be expecting a new single, EP or album?
 
"I can't promise this but maybe mid next year, I am yet to start recording!"
 
8 - Any live dates coming up?
 
"Unfortunately not."
 
9 - Who would be in your dream super group?
 
"Ian Curtis, Johnny Marr, Paul Banks, Graham Coxon, JJ Burnell, Julien Barbagallo and Souxsie Soux."
 
PART 2 - THE 'QUICKFIRE ROUND'
 
1 - Favourite Beatle?
 
"George Harrison."
 
2 - Favourite band?
 
"The Smiths."
 
3 - Favourite new band?
 
"Pylo."
 
4 - Favourite song?
 
"Mercy, Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye."
 
5 - Favourite album?
 
"Meat Is Murder - The Smiths."
 
6 - Vinyl, CD or download?
 
"CD."
 
7 - Style icon?
 
"Audrey Hepburn."
 
8 - Favourite clothing brand?
 
"Merc Clothing."
 
9 - Favourite film?
 
"Toy Story."
 
10 - Favourite TV show?
 
"Trollied."
 
11 - Who would play you in a film of your life?
 
"A young Diana Ross."
 
12 - Favourite food?
 
"Leek and potato soup."
 
13 - Football team?
 
"I cannot stand football!" 

 
Hope you enjoyed this feature on Jane James! Check out our previous feature on Bel Esprit!
 
You can also like our Facebook page to keep up to date with all future interviews at the following link - https://www.facebook.com/aldorabrittonrecords
 
AB Records

No comments:

Post a Comment