Saturday 7 September 2013

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PACE: Our interview with resident singer at The Feathers Hotel, Sarah Beatrice!

 
PART 1 - THE 'INTERVIEW'
 
  1 - What was your first musical memory and what pushed you towards perusing a career in the record industry?
"I have always had a musical background: my mum loves Cliff Richard and Michael Jackson my dad, Neal Diamond and the Beatles but my first performance with music was at high school, with the choir in a production of IToku, it was about the history of the African slave trade. Performing with the choir inspired me. IToku was my first performance in year seven; I was so inspired by the power of the choir. I then knew this was my future.  The artist that most inspires me is Lady Gaga, she is amazing and inspires me to be myself (Born this Way) and be a great performer in and out of the studio." 

2 - Had you been involved with any other bands prior to becoming a solo artist as Sarah Beatrice?

"No, unfortunately I have never been in a band. I support bands around Liverpool and the UK on social networking sites. I am involved in the Liverpool music scene and I am hoping to be in a band when I am at university."

3 - Why did you choose to become a solo artist instead of forming a band?

"I have never had the opportunity to be in a band but I love performing as a soloist as I can express my own music and fashion."

4 - How would you describe the sound of Sarah Beatrice?

"My sound is quirky and unique, just like me and I love to try new things with my vocals and guitar to make my music different. I would describe my sound as pop."

5 - You are currently the resident singer at The Feathers Hotel. How did this come about?

"My sister is the room’s manager at The Feathers Hotel and they needed a singer for functions. I have sung at the Grand National and Chester Races through working at the hotel. At The Feathers Hotel I am also a housekeeper, not the nicest job in the city centre on a Sunday morning."

6 - Who would be your dream collaboration?

"Me and Lady Gaga, even just to meet Lady Gaga would be a dream come true, for a Little Monster like me."

7 - Any new songs in the pipeline?
 
"Yes I have written two more songs since my EP was released on Soundcloud. They are called "Sweep Up" and the other one is called "Moments Like This". "Moments Like This" was written when I was at V Festival, the song is about taking in the music and the beauty of the crowd and never letting them memories go. I am hoping to record them soon."

8 - When can fans be expecting a new single, EP or album?

"I am hoping to release "Moments Like This" by the end of the year."

9 - Any live dates coming up?

"Yes, I have The Vintage & Music Festival coming up on the 28th September at The Bluecoat Chambers in Liverpool City Centre. It’s an all-day event starting at 10am with the country's very best Vintage Clothes, Retro Fashion, Accessories, Jewellery, Sunglasses and much, much more!"

10 - Who would be in your dream super group?

"My dream super group would be Jimi Hendrix, Nick Mason (Pink Floyd), Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, and Chris Novoselic (Nirvana)."


PART 2 - THE "QUICKFIRE ROUND"

 
1 - Favourite Beatle?
"John Lennon, can’t beat imagine, the most beautiful song ever written." 

2 - Favourite band?

"The Rolling Stones."

3 - Fabourite new band?

"Two Door Cinema Club and Fun."

4 - Favourite song?

""Marry the Night" - Lady Gaga."

5 - Favourite album?

""Born This Way" Lady Gaga (Gaga again)."

6 - Vinyl, CD or download?

"Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band The Beatles."

7 - Style icon?

"Audrey Hepburn and Paloma Faith"
 
8 - Favourite clothing brand?
"Vivienne Westwood for special accessories but I mainly shop in Primark, River Island and Miss Selfridge."

9 - Favourite film?

"101 Dalmatians and Cinderella."

10 - Favourite TV show?

"New Girl."

11 - Who would play you in a film of your life?

"Zooey Deschanel."

12 - Favourite food?

"Pasta." 

13 - Football team?

"Liverpool!"
Hope you enjoyed this feature on Sarah Beatrice! Check out our previous feature on Paper Crowns!
 
Listen to Sarah Beatrice here -  https://soundcloud.com/sarah-little-monster-0809
 
You can also like our Facebook page to keep up to date with all future interviews at the following link - https://www.facebook.com/aldorabritainrecords
 
AB Records 

No comments:

Post a Comment