Thursday 3 October 2013

THE CHARLOTTE BRIMNER INTERVIEW!

 
PART 1 - "THE INTERVIEW"
 
1 - What was your first musical memory and what pushed you towards pursuing a career in the record industry?
 
"My first memory is singing 'The Tide Is High' by Atomic Kitten on Karaoke at a party - I think I was maybe seven, that became my theme tune for a while! I started playing the guitar when I was about thirteen and then started writing songs. I spent so much time just practising and working on my voice until I decided to 'go public'. I got such a great response and couldn't believe that people actually enjoyed my music. It just gave me the confidence to continue writing and going to as many open mics as I could to gain experience and also to meet other musicians with the same drive and enthusiasm as me! I just loved it so much and can't imagine doing anything else."
 
2 - Had you been involved with any other bands prior to becoming a solo artist as Charlotte Brimner?
 
"Not really, I have collaborated with a few different artists which is really great, especially when it takes you into a different genre."
 
3 - Why did you choose to become a solo artist instead of forming a band?
 
"I just started off myself and it just continued that way really, although I have recently been working with some session musicians which has been brilliant and we definitely plan on doing more work together."
 
4 - How would you describe the sound of Charlotte Brimner?
 
"Well, my music has been described as 'refreshing', 'quirky' and 'easy to relate to'."
 
5 - Any new songs in the pipeline?
 
"Yes, I've got a few new ones on the go, some finished and some still at the writing stage."
 
6 - When can fans be expecting a new single, EP or album?
 
"I have my new EP, Typical, coming out on 5th November...remember remember..."
 
7 - Do you have any 'rituals' before going on stage?
 
"Usually have a flask with hot water and honey."
 
8 - Any live dates coming up?
 
"Abertay Union in Dundee on October 3rd, Conroys in Dundee on October 16th, Oxjam in Dundee on October 19th, bonfire night at Baxter Park, EP release on November 5th at Wellbank Hall and I'm hosting a charity gig for Lennons Fund on November 8th."
 
9 - Who would be your dream collaboration?
 
"Ed Sheeran! I'm a big Ed Sheeran fan - I love what he has achieved so far and still seems to be himself even though he's huge in the music world now."
 
10 - Who would be in your dream super group?
 
"That would be fun. Definitely Ed and then probably Jake Bugg, Kendrick Lamar and then maybe Beyoncé to shake things up..."
 
PART 2 - "THE QUICKFIRE ROUND"
 
1 - Favourite Beatle?
 
"Has to be John Lennon...I even mention him in my song Fingertips."
 
2 - Favourite band?
 
"LaFontaines."
 
3 - Favourite new band?
 
"A local band - Anderson McGinty Webster Ward and Fisher."
 
4 - Favourite song?
 
"That depends on my mood, just chilling - Broken by Jake Bugg, getting ready song - Swimming Pools by Kendrick Lamar."
 
5 - Favourite album?
 
"+ Ed Sheeran."
 
6 - Vinyl, CD or download?
 
"I download a lot - purely because it's just so easy but I love buying CD's too, love having the pics and reading the bio."
 
7 - Style icon?
 
"A mix between Paloma Faith and Fearne Cotton."
 
8 - Favourite clothing brand?
 
"I don't really stick to one brand, I like shopping online - Boohoo, love wondering around Forever 21, I really like the vintage style at the moment."
 
9 - Favourite film?
 
"Hairspray."
 
10 - Favourite TV show?
 
"Gossip Girl - it's very addictive."
 
11 - Who would play you in a film of your life?
 
"Really stuck on this question!"
 
12 - Favourite food?
 
"Fajitas."
 
13 - Football team?
 
"I'm not really into football so don't have a favourite."
 
Hope you enjoyed this feature on Charlotte Brimner! Check out our previous feature on Wasted Years!
 
Check out Charlotte Brimner here - http://www.charlotte-music.co.uk/fr_home.cfm
 
You can also like our Facebook page to keep up to date with all future interviews at the following link - https://www.facebook.com/aldorabritainrecords
 
AB Records

No comments:

Post a Comment